Joseph
Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
54899578

How does ObamaCare affect employers in general?

ObamaCare requires all employers to provide their employees with health insurance, so it would increase expenses for employers who currently do not provide their employees with health insurance.

If they fail to provide their employees with health insurance, they would be required to pay a fine to the government.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Really? I knew all individuals must have health insurance but did not know that it would place additional burden on employers. I thought it'd be the opposite that since all individuals must have health insurance soon, they must do it on their own, which would alleviate the burden of the employer. I also know that the laws on it are still somewhat murky. Is what you're saying the law right now?
The 'employer mandate' to require employers to provide employees with health insurance is one of the major components of Obamacare.

All individuals must also have health insurance, meaning that the unemployed and self-employed must pay for their own health insurance, but all employers are required to provide their employees with health insurnace or pay a fine for failing to do so.