Joseph
Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
54899578

I live in la county, how soon can you report for being harassed?

I live in la county, how soon can you report for being harassed? what is the stature of limitation?
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

The statute of limitaitons for filing a complaint of harassment or retaliation with the Department of Fair Employment and Housing is one year after the incident occured.

If the Department of Fair Employment and Housing issues the employee a 'right to sue' letter then the employee has one year from the date that he or she receives the letter to file suit.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
can i report it to county even it is late? legally my retirement cancelled because I did not submit my disability retirement application,I submit it year later because I was fooled by my doctor .she told me not submit it, it will be done nicely, I heve to be humble for their decision.
I'm not sure what you mean by 'reporting it the county.' Unfortunately, unless you didn't discover the injury until less than a year before making the claim, it's unlikely that the statute of limtiations would be waived for your claim even though you were misled by the doctor.

I'm unsure what you mean by 'disability retirement application'? Were you an LA county employee or do you just live there?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I was a L.A county, can I still report the incident?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
, I was a  L.A county, can I still report the incident?
If you're refering to a workers' compensation claim or a discrimination claim, the statute of limitations is one year from the incident, or when you reasonably discovered the incident, so if it occured three years ago, you would need to have only discovered the injury within the past year for your claim not to be denied by the statute of limtiations having run.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
do I have to go disability hearing with lawyer? or can I go myself? which field of lawyer do I need for disability hearing, this is continuation of workers compensation that I think.
No, you wouldn't need an attorney for a disability hearing, but you could hire an attorney if you think it would help.

You would want to hire a workers' compensation attorney if this is a continuation of your workers' compensation claim, or a social security disability attorney if you are applying for social security disability benefits.