Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management

My daughter reported sexual harassment including assault by

My daughter reported sexual harassment including assault by a shift lead to her manager and the investigation is taking weeks. She and another employee, also assaulted and in front of employees, reported to the corporation the events. The assault of my daughter was caught on camera in the back room. The harasser has even commented to my daughter additionally since the investigation started with the caveat "I'm not supposed to talk about this but..." "I think you're hot". He is now retaliating in interviews to the corporation and made allegations that my daughter made lewd comments to him which was a complete lie to attempt to cover himself. At what point is enough enough and should she hire a lawyer? This is a company with a history of sexual harassment issues including their own Regional VP in New York. I am very concerned.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's situation and hope I can help.

I suggest that she file a complaint with the Department of Fair Employment and Housing regarding the sexual harassment and assault that took place.

She can file a complaint with the Department of Fair Employment and Housing using the instructions available online here:

The Department of Fair Employment and Housing will investigate the complaint on her behalf and either file suit on her behalf or issue her a 'right to sue' letter so she can pursue her claim against her employer through a private attorney.

Additionally, since she was physically assaulted, I suggest that she also file a police report with the local police report regarding the incident. She could also file for a restraining order against the employee who assaulted her.