Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management

I and 4 other emplyees had to sign a form to go causul emploment

Customer Question

I and 4 other emplyees had to sign a form to go causul emploment in march. We do electronic work for the milatary at SPA WAR San Diego, Ca. under contract. The company name is, Trandes corp. Since then most of us have worked 40 hours or more most week, but do not get any benfits. I pay 831.00 a month on health ins.
Also we travel a lot on our jobs for the milatary, some time over sea. I was under the standing that the Calif. law said that you got paid from point to point, but the company said tat we would only get paid for 8 hours no mader how long it took.
I hope can clear some things up for me.

virgi phelps
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Expert:  Joseph replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

What question do you have regarding your situation?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

how can a emplyee have people on causual and still have them work 40 hours a week. I think that would be full time, and some time we still get 8 to 16 hours overtime. To me it sound like the company is trying to have us work with out benifits. Is this against the law?

Expert:  Joseph replied 4 years ago.
Unfortunately, even if you were a 'full-time' employee, your employer would not be obligated to give you any benefits. This will change once Obamacare becomes law, but currently, an employer is not obligated to give any employee any benefits.

I sincerely wish I had better news to give you, but I hope you appreciate a direct and honest answer to your question.
Expert:  Joseph replied 4 years ago.
Please remember to accept my answer so I get credit for my work. Thanks and best of luck!