Tina, Attorney
Experience:  JD, 17 years experience & recognized by ABA for excellence in employment law.

California Labor Code Section 2802 does this apply to an outside sales person who

California Labor Code Section 2802

does this apply to an outside sales person who's primary responisibility is to go from customer to customer generating sales?
Hello and welcome,

Yes, it does apply to outside sales employees typically. It would not apply to independent contractors, but if the worker is an employee, it would apply.

Here is a link to a good summary I located for you that sets out the various methods for reimbursement of expenses:

Please remember to press the smiley faces/stars on the right of your screen when we are finished with our communication so I will be credited for my time. Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will be happy to continue further and assist you until I am able to explain your concern to your satisfaction.

Thank you and all the best to you,