jkiani22
jkiani22, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney
68365272

RR-CSV

Customer Question

i been harassed at work more than one time and i reported to the owner and the owner didn't do anything about it and and the harasser told me i couldn't do anything because of my legal status. is it true?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  jkiani22 replied 4 years ago.

jkiani22 :

Hello

jkiani22 :

I am sorry you are experiencing harassment at work.

jkiani22 :

May I ask a couple of questions to try and answer your question?

Expert:  jkiani22 replied 4 years ago.
Do you know what your harasser meant when he said that you couldn't do anything about the harassment due to your legal status? Are you a U.S. citizen? Did he mean that you couldn't do anything about the harassment due to your legal status as an illegal immigrant or something of that nature?

Also, when you reported the harassment to the owner, what was his response? I know he didn't do anything to rectify the situation but what was his response? Did he say why he was refusing to do anything about the harassment, or at the very least, why he didn't want to at least conduct and investigation. If there is unlawful harassment occurring, the owner can be held liable for the sexual harassment committed by his employees.

My last question is what is the harasser specifically doing to you that is harassing in nature?