Tina, Attorney
Experience:  JD, 17 years experience & recognized by ABA for excellence in employment law.

I am an accountant coming off of disability after 6mos. My

I am an accountant coming off of disability after 6mos. My employer had to replace me. They are offering me a pt server position in the kitchen. If I refuse that job does that negate or cause me to lose unemployment benefits?
Hello and welcome,

You were not working part-time prior to your leave, correct?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Correct... I was the business manager FT... which means I did the accounting and some hr...hence my lack of hr knowledge... I managed 98 staff. My salary was 52k/year. I am an accountant by trade.
I see.

One would not typically be required to accept part-time work in this situation. The commission typically requires that an employee accept full-time work that is consistent with their education and experience or risk being disqualified for unemployment benefits, but the employee would not normally be required to accept part-time work.

Since you were out of work for 6 months, your benefits will be lower than if you had only been out a few weeks, but your application should be approved even if you turn down a part-time job.

I hope you found my answer helpful, even if the law is not in your favor. I would be happy to clarify my answer if anything is not clear or you are looking for additional information. All the best to you!