Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management

I have worked for a family owned auto dealership group for

Customer Question

I have worked for a family owned auto dealership group for the last 14 years,the last 12 in management as a sales manager and want to sue and leave this 1st question is I have worked 60- 70 hour weeks and never been given a lunch break I must eat on the run or at my desk while I work deals.2nd part of my job is running a sales staff and every month deducting a lunch break from ther pay wheather they took it or not.what is my recourse?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

Are you paid on a salaried basis or hourly?

If you are paid on a salaried basis, how much do you earn monthly and how many employees do you supervise?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
did you get my reply
Expert:  Joseph replied 4 years ago.
No, I didn't receive it. Could you please re-type it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

salary plus comm 15k average per month. about 20 guys on hour or comm whatever is greater

Expert:  Joseph replied 4 years ago.
Unfortunately, you're an exempt employee, which means that you are not entitled to receive a lunch break, unlike hourly employees who must receive a half-an-hour lunch break after working for five hours, during which time they must be relieved of all duties.

I wish I had better news to give you, but I hope you appreciate a direct and honest answer to your question.