Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management

The workers comp. Doctor sent me back to work with a lot of

Customer Question

The workers comp. Doctor sent me back to work with a lot of restricions on me. So the Health Nurse took me off my job. So can they in fact NOT pay me workers I haven't had my meeting with Human Resorces yet. That has been pushed back once already. In the mean time I have NO income at this point. So if "THEY" took me off work. And "THEY" have pushed back the meeting. Why am "I", NOT getting paid? Can they do this?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

Have you gotten a disability rating from your workers' compensation doctor and have you been receiving workers' compensation benefits in the past?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I was out on workers comp. Then he sent me back full time with restrictions for a trial basis. The pain was still there, I told my boss, was sent back to the Health Nurse who took me off work. Was told I couldn't go back to my job. And now am waiting for the meeting with Human Resources to see if they have found me another position. But NO I have NOT been put on Disability.
Expert:  Joseph replied 4 years ago.
If you have disability benefits with your employer, you should be able to apply for them on your own, and can request information from your employer to do so.

Additionally, you can apply for State Disability Insurance while you are unable to work due to your injury.

You can apply for SDI benefits using the forms available online here:

Additionally, if you are unhappy with the way your workers' compensation claim is progressing, I would suggest that you hire an attorney to represent you to ensure you get the benefits you deserve.

You don't have to compensate a workers' compensation attorney unless you receive a settlement or a verdict in your favor, so you wouldn't have anything to lose by hiring an attorney to represent you.

You can find one online here: