Joseph
Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
54899578

My latest SDI and EDD claim was open and then closed again

Customer Question

My latest SDI and EDD claim was open and then closed again due to section 2608. I was told that I had to work 14 days before filing another claim. I did work those 14 days, but it took 3 months to do it. I was denigned unenployment for those 3 months, now I am also being cut off from disability. Both EDD and SDI deny my claims and pont me twards the other.
Can I continue to work part time and collcet disability for a degenerative condition ?
While working part time I still make 48,000.00 a year. I get my work from my union, and I only take the jobs that are within my limitations.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

Unfortunately, if you are still making $48,000 a year, you would not be eligible to receive unemployment benefits, since your earnings would exceed the weekly benefit amount that you would receive.

However, if you are partially disabled, you still may be eligible to receive SDI, but you would be required to report all of your income. Again, since you are still making $48,000 a year working part time, your earnings would also likely disqualify you from receiving SDI benefits.

I wish I had better news to give you, but I hope you appreciate an honest and direct answer to your question.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
You did not answer the question at all. You did not even come close.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
You did not address my concern and you are 100% wrong. I need to know if I have to work 14 days in between claims or 14 consecutive days in between claims..(yes I am eligible and have been on SDI for 2 years) I want my money back....