How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 5299
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have not received a paycheck on my pay period which was to

This answer was rated:

i have not received a paycheck on my pay period which was to be a direct deposit to my bank acct. on 6-24-12, however i was paid a paycheck on 6-31-12, the owner of the 7-11 store says the accounting dept. made a mistake. all the other employees have not received a check for that pay period. i am a fulltime enployee still working. Under ca, law how long do i have to wait to be paid for non-payment of work? can i report my employer? thx Raul.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

You are required to wait two weeks until the next pay period that you have to receive the amount that your employer did not pay you for the work that you did.

Unfortunately, if you are still employed at that time, you wouldn't be eligible to file for unemployment benefits, but you could file a wage claim against your employer for the amount that you haven't been paid.

You can file a wage claim with the Department of Industrial Relations using the forms available online here:
Joseph and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you