Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management

i have not received a paycheck on my pay period which was to

i have not received a paycheck on my pay period which was to be a direct deposit to my bank acct. on 6-24-12, however i was paid a paycheck on 6-31-12, the owner of the 7-11 store says the accounting dept. made a mistake. all the other employees have not received a check for that pay period. i am a fulltime enployee still working. Under ca, law how long do i have to wait to be paid for non-payment of work? can i report my employer? thx Raul.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

You are required to wait two weeks until the next pay period that you have to receive the amount that your employer did not pay you for the work that you did.

Unfortunately, if you are still employed at that time, you wouldn't be eligible to file for unemployment benefits, but you could file a wage claim against your employer for the amount that you haven't been paid.

You can file a wage claim with the Department of Industrial Relations using the forms available online here: