Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management

I just got done speaking with the EEOC and they will not be

I just got done speaking with the EEOC and they will not be representing me. They will conduct an investigation but will not represent me in a legal manner. I need to find an attorney to talk to about the legal aspect of my situation and see if this is a case that I should pursue or not. I'm confussed
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 4 years ago.
Hello. The EEOC will investigate the matter on your behalf. At the conclusion of the investigation, EEOC will either file suit on your behalf or issue you a right to sue letter so you can pursue the matter through a private attorney.

The EEOC very rarely will actually represent you in a suit against your employer, so, most likely you will receive a right to sue notice at the conclusion of their investigation.