Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.

Customer Question

I am signing a termination agreement that waives any other agreements and my right to sue. They are rehiring in a different part of the organization. I feel if I dont sign they will look badly upon me so it feels forced. Also I have a contract with owner he signed 5 years stating my employment was and my income. It was a good deal and now I fear I am signing my rights away on this agreement. They say its to dissolve the company I was previously working for. So I feel stuck as to weather to fight or not. The first contract I signed with the owner stated it could only be broken by mutual agreement. SO it seems stupid for me to sign this new agreement and give this away. HELP!!!
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. I am so sorry to hear you are being let go.

What specific legal question do you have regarding your situation?