Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management

dear sir: i missed a hearing at the labor commissioner of the

dear sir: i missed a hearing at the labor commissioner of the state of california,i was supossed to be on may the 4th at 9:00am 2012 i was sick so i went om monday may 7th to the labor office and they told me that i have tohave a verygood reazon for not showing up so they didn't wanted to talk to me,so can you please tell me what do do,my name is XXXXX XXXXX you very much.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

Unfortunately, your case may have been dismissed due to your failure to arrive at the hearing. You would be able to appeal the decision, or file a new complaint in order to have another hearing scheduled.

I wish I had better news to give you, but I hope you appreciate a direct and honest answer to your question.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i am the defendant taqueriaamerica inc.a suspended california corp.
Expert:  Joseph replied 4 years ago.
You'll have to wait to see what the decision was, but a default judgment could have been made against you at the time of the hearing since you were unable to attend.

Again, you would have the right to appeal the decision and set aside the default judgment (if one was made) against you.