Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management

If I am terminated by a large corp becuase of a non-intentional

Customer Question

If I am terminated by a large corp becuase of a non-intentional error, do I get paid for unused vacation time I accrued? Do I get two weeks (or anything) salary in departure? How long am I legally given to remove my items?
What happens to my stock share and other employee investments? I have been a hard working loyal employee for 12 years.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question. Since laws on unused vacation time vary, can you tell me what state this is in, please?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your reply. I'm going to ask a moderator move this to the California employment law section, since they have their own category, and a California law can assist you further.

Please do not respond to this information request as it will only send the question back to me. Thank you.
Expert:  Joseph replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

You are entitled to be paid all your accrued vacation time at the time of termination in addition to the wages that are owed to you.

Unfortunately, you are not entitled to any severance pay, although your employer may elect to give you a severance package.

Also, there is no set amount of time that you are given to remove your things, but your employer will need to give you the opportunity to do so.

You will still own your stock share and employee investments, and will be given the chance to sell them, keep them, or roll them over into other investment funds (for instance, if you have a 401k).