Joseph
Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
54899578

got terminated from job 5/2/2012 due to drug test positive

Customer Question

got terminated from job 5/2/2012 due to drug test positive due to medication i took that wasnt mine but it was 2 to 3 days be for my injury lifting patient up in bed hurt my lower back right leg and right knee i havent recieved wc papers and do i still see wc doctor if ive been fired. do i have a real chance a getting wc because meds did cause the accident .
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Expert:  Joseph replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

Yes, you would still have a chance of receiving workers' compensation benefits, even though you did test positive for medication that wasn't yours.

However, it would definitely work against you, if being on the medication was the reason for the accident, as it would demonstrate negligence on your part in taking the medication.