Joseph
Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management

i was working wit this company for 15 years , i was terminated

i was working wit this company for 15 years , i was terminated bacuse i became romantically involve wit a male I was store manager and he was an emplyoee i try to get unemployment benafits and on 1/28/2012 i was interviwe by edd then i was reciving benefits untill 3/28/2012 that i have a hearing wit a judge and i ricived a letter that my unemployment benefits will be cancel if i do not appleal this in 20 days please i always said the truth i did not denied that i was involve with this person please helpe me out to make a letter to appeal this benefits . thank you XXXXX XXXXX
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

What question do you have regarding your situation?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
my question is how or what can i put in my letter to appeal this matter ?
Expert:  Joseph replied 2 years ago.
You would need to contest that you were not actually terminated for cause.

Unfortunately, if it was against company policy for you to have a relationship with a co-worker that would normally constitute a sufficient basis for you to be terminated for cause, which would prevent you from receiving unemployment benefits.

However, if there were no company policy that stated that you couldn't be romantically involved with a co-worker, you would have a basis to contest your denial of unemployment benefits, since you wouldn't have been considered to have broken a 'reasonable employer rule.'

Joseph, Lawyer
Experience: Extensive experience representing employees and management
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
can i reaplay for unemployement benefits again in a month or this is final ?
Expert:  Joseph replied 2 years ago.
You would need to appeal this decision, rather than reapplying for benefits.

You could only reapply for benefits if you are employmed at another job and receive at least 5 times what your weekly benefit amount would be.