LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.
15277592

how long can you be on unemployment in the state of califo

how long can you be on unemployment in the state of california?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 years ago.
Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear of the situation.

At present, between the state of CA and with the additional assistance of the federal government, CA presently allows up to 99 weeks of unemployment benefits.

Legislation will be gradually reducing the total weeks to 93, and as the CA economy improves, and the feds pull back some funding---which may happen as early as September, there is a possibility that the maximum number of weeks will drop to as low as 73 weeks.

I wish you the best in 2012.

Because I help people here, like you, for a living---this is not a hobby for me, and I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX abiding by the honor system as regards XXXXX XXXXX I wish you and your family the best in your respective futures.

Would you be so kind as to Accept my Answer so that I may be compensated for assisting you? Bonuses for greatly informative and helpful answers are very much appreciated. Thanks Again,

Doug