LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.
15277592

We have 10-15 employees whose pay status is "Full Time" and

Customer Question

We have 10-15 employees whose pay status is "Full Time" and all other employees are considered "Per Diem" employees.

Do we still have to comply with Cobra?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, I am still waiting.
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 2 years ago.
Sometimes, finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 years ago.
Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear of the situation.

Yes, I'm afraid that as of 1998, all employers with 2 or more employees are required to comply with the more generous provisions of the CA COBRA Act.

The amendment to California COBRA (California Continuation Benefits Replacement Act) affects health plans issued, renewed, or amended on or after January 1, 1998. The amendment requires all employers with 2-19 employees to offer continued health care coverage (medical, dental, and vision) to employees and their dependents who lose coverage through qualifying events similar to Federal COBRA. Self-insured plans are not affected however. Employers with 20 or more employees are subject to Federal COBRA regulations.

I wish you the best in 2012.

I understand that you may be disappointed by the Answer you received, as it was not particularly favorable to your situation, nor was it what I sensed you were hoping to hear. Had I been able to provide an Answer which might have given you a successful legal outcome, it would have been my pleasure to do so.

Because I help people here, like you, for a living---this is not a hobby for me, and I sincerely appreciate your abiding by the honor system as regards Accepting answers. I wish you and your family the best in your respective futures.

Would you be so kind as to Accept my Answer so that I may be compensated for assisting you? Bonuses for greatly informative and helpful answers are very much appreciated. Thanks Again,

Doug
LawTalk, Attorney
Experience: I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.