Joseph
Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
54899578

I terminated for violating a Last Chance Agreement that I was

I terminated for violating a Last Chance Agreement that I was forced to sign 4 months prior. I planned to dispute the action, but my Union Rep discouraged me to do so. Months later I was informed that another co-worker, represented by another Union rep and released under the same circumstances was given her job back. She said it was because the agreement we were required to sign was illegal. So of course I can't help but wonder why I wasn't given this same opportunity and if I have any legal recourse against my employer and or my Union.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situaiton and hope I can help.

If the agreement that you were required to sign was in violation of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, then you may be able to get your job back.

I would suggest that you file a grievance with your union to challenge the termination, since you didn't receive the information until after the date that you were required to file for arbitration.