Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management

My fiance and husband to be has recently been notified that

Customer Question

My fiance and husband to be has recently been notified that his disability and social security are being cancelled due to a recent review of his disability status. He is still permanently disabled, but they somehow decided that he no longer is. He has cardiomyopathy, heart disease, a pacemaker/defibrillator and PTSD. He is currently the full time caretaker of his mother who has terminal cancer. He has been deemed permanently disabled for years now and his physical state has not improved and he cannot work as a result. He has also been informed he may have to go back in for more open heart surgeries, of which he has already had 2 I believe. He has no other form of income and relies on disability/social security to pay his bills and help care for his mother. Is there any way to fight this situation and help him? He cannot work or, as he was informed by his doctors at Kaiser Permanente, he could be at risk for more cardiac problems.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

Your husband can file an appeal by making a request in writing within 60 days of the denial of his diability benefits.

He can do so thorugh following the process available online here:

Other then that, I would also suggest that he speak to his local congressional representative about advocacy, in addition to writing to Barbra Boxer's office.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
He has already tried those things in the past when dealing with this situation. This has happened to him multiple times now and the normal appeals process has not helped him if it's a continuing issue. He needs a complete resolution. He is permanently disbaled and will never be able to work. He is only 28 years old. I need more information and details on this situation that what is normal.
Expert:  Joseph replied 4 years ago.
I will opt out in favor of an expert who may be able to provide you additional information.