Tina, Attorney
Experience:  JD, 17 years experience & recognized by ABA for excellence in employment law.
4460311

Didnt get paid a penny for 2 weeks of work i did over a month

Didn't get paid a penny for 2 weeks of work i did over a month ago! My last day was on Feb. 15th, 2012. I've tried contacting them multiple times & feel like i'm getting unprofessional excuses. What is my next step?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Tina replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome,

The next step is to file a complaint with the state labor board for investigation and collection of the wages owed.

Here is a link to their site:

http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/howtofilewageclaim.htm

I hope you found my answer helpful, even if the law is not in your favor; please click on the ACCEPT button once I have answered your question. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous. Thank you.