Joseph
Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
54899578

My former employer failed to accommodate me with an automatic

My former employer failed to accommodate me with an automatic truck by switching out trucks with another driver after an injury steming from my clutch truck in which doctors made it very clear Automatic only no manual transmission. My former boss wrote down in the reasonable accommodations request form "in my opinion, it would cause an unfavorable reaction in the work place." He also noted (simply stated, there are bad feelings between the two that would be involved in the truck trade. This would create a very negative situation at this point.) Is this a complete violation in the ADA laws here in California? I am no longer working for this company, they let me go while on workman comp by telling me they are letting me go not because of my injury but because of reduction of work force. do I have a good case to sue this company for violations of the ADA laws and my disability sustained from this company? Thank you
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

Yes, you do have a good claim against your employer for violating the ADA by failing to provide you with a reasonable accomodation for your disability.

You can file a claim with the EEOC for a violation of the ADA using the instructions available online here:

http://www.eeoc.gov/employees/charge.cfm

Additionally, or alternatively, you can also file a claim against your employer with the Department of Fair Employment and Housing for violating your rights under the Fair Employment and Housing Act for violating your rights under the Fair Employment and Housing Act.

You can file a claim with the DFEH using the instructions available online here:

http://www.dfeh.ca.gov/Complaints_eCompProc.htm