Tina, Attorney
Experience:  JD, 17 years experience & recognized by ABA for excellence in employment law.

Hello, A employee try to set me up asking to get some items

Customer Question

A employee try to set me up asking to get some items without telling anyone and it's for the owner og the company but he said not to tell anyone even the owner who the items are for. I found it fishy and emailed my supervisor and I got a reply that is trying to cover up the employees actions and says to keep it confidential. i forwarded both emails to the two owners and they never responded. The units were never sold and leads me to believe they were setting me up to see i would take the itmes without telling anyone. Now I feel betrayed after bieng here 7 years. I do not know what to do.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Tina replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome,

Yes, it seems there is more under the surface that you are not aware of. Because of that, it is usually best to drop the subject since, at this point, it does not appear any harm has been done since you did go to your supervisor about the situation.

If you do wish to press the issue further, I would retain a local employment law attorney because you do not know what you might uncover and your job may be at risk. Retaining an attorney to guide you often motivates individuals to act more reasonably, meaning that your job would likely be more protected.

I hope you found my answer helpful, even if the law is not in your favor; please click on the ACCEPT button once I have answered your question. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous. Thank you.