LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.

Customer Question

we are in contract negotiations with our employer. We are arguing the Ed. Code 3547 that to us states any article that is being proposed must be sunshined with specific details as to which parts of the article is up for discussion. Our employer decided to open 2 articles and we opened two articles. When our employer provided us with a counter proposal, they did not address our initial proposal but instead decided to address other parts of the article that were not up for discussion. They claim that when an article is opened by either party, then they can address it even if we did not include it in our initial proposal. I find this hard to believe because in order to inform our members of what we will be discussing, we have to be specific such as we are opening an article about leave time, specifically regarding adding an additional holiday day.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am still waiting on an answer. I would like to see if someone can help me by Friday as that is when we are meeting again.
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
Sometimes, finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Fran, Have you had any luck? I found out they are moving our meeting to tomorrow instead of Friday.
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Expert with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Please close my question as this has been a complete waste of money and time. I do expect a complete refund.