Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management

I was the victim of a racial epithet while at work and I believe

Customer Question

I was the victim of a racial epithet while at work and I believe that its effects are long reaching. This happened in over 10 years ago but I believe that there has been an economic component to all of this. I was so insulted when it happened I considered getting an attorney to sue but since all of the protagonists were friends, I reasoned that they would simply cover for each other and the truth would never be told.

From an economic standpoint, I have been instrumental in building up the territories I have been assigned to but I earn less than my fellow engineers. What can I do?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

If you are being discriminated against on the basis of your race, and being paid less than your fellow engineers due to this fact, you can file a claim with the Department of Fair Employment and Housing for discrimination in violation of the Fair Employment and Housing Act.

You can file a claim using the instructions available online here: