LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.
15277592

OK, you say you dont have the real facts of my case, the facts

Customer Question

OK, you say you don't have the real facts of my case, the facts are: I was under a Finance Director who continued to harrass me by giving me more work to see me drown. She would not give me any help unless I asked for it. In the years I was under her she wrote me up for sereral bogas reasons including " being on the internet for 17 minute in "ONE MONTH" my cell phone ringing during business hours, (which by the way never happened." The FD confided to one of the girls in the office that she hated my guts and she wanted me fired. That she was going to do any and everything she could to do so. That co-worker signed a sworn statement that she was doing all these things to me to get me to quit and I filed a greivance with the CA and he decided to move me to another dept with the same pay, less work, no stress. When I fingerprinted they said because I didn't disclose on the my application that I had an "embezzlement petty theft conviction back in 1999" to which I pleaded guilty to. I let the Chief of Police know this and he told me it wouldn't be a problem. To go ahead and apply for a Records Clerk position. When the CA found out that is what he used to terminate me. On 3/27/12 I received an email to go meet with the CA, Chief of Police and the City Attorney. I was asked if I was arrrested in 11/99 for the embezzlement conviciton. I was asked if I knew I was supposed to disclose this when I applied on my original application, which I said "NO". The only place that it asked on the application is "HAVE YOU EVER BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY OR MISDEMENOR IN THE LAST 7 YEARS THAT RESULTED IN IMPRISONMENT? I placed "NO" on that questions. I have never been to prison. I didn't even do jail time for the petty theft embezzlement. I pleaded gulity to a misdemeanor and received a sentence of restritution of $1500 and 10 weekends in a alternative swap program where I had to work weekends at the Fire Dept. in the town I live in. The CA used all the bogas write-up the FD wrote me up on as part of my dismissal. I am "Officially Terminated" May 1, 2012 and on administrative leave with pay until then...
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 2 years ago.
Please click Accept for my answers to your previous question and I will be happy to consider your new question here.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok I clicked "Accept for my answers", Will you please answer the last one?

I need a few minutes to research something. I'm not blowing you off. If you don't want to wait, the system will send you an email when I answer.

Meanwhile, do you know if your city's employee grievance and policy guides are online, and if so, can you provide a link?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: I still need help. BTW...I am in a Union and we had a Scully hearing in which my immeadiate supervisor should have conducted. The CA told the President of my Union who is representing me that I had no "supervisor and he would be conducting it. The outcome was still the same... Terminated....doesn't the word "imprisonment" mean "PRISON" ? FYI, we have (2) employee's who actually have gone to prison working there now. One who was arrested while working there because he didn't go and register in that town as a Sex Offender and the other for Robbery... (2) at the Police Dept, one was arrested for spousal abuse the other for drunk driving... Is there something wrong with this picture?