How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 5299
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been palced on suspension pending investigation for

Resolved Question:

I have been palced on suspension pending investigation for hours paid to me, but my overtime has never been paid correctly to me. Now i am being asked to pay back a certain amount through a promissory note. What should I do?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

You can file a wage claim against your employer for the amount in unpaid overtime that you haven't received, plus penalties for not receiving your overtime wages when they were due.

You can file a wage claim using the forms available online here:

You can file the wage claim with your local office of the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement, which you can find here:
Joseph and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related California Employment Law Questions