Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.

how can i see salaries of other employees in a corporation?

how can i see salaries of other employees in a corporation? is that information available publically? Im researching the salaries for a particular position, i.e VPMA in a hospital system that has hospitals throughout california, nevada and arizona, and the HR people have told us that the salary being paid to my husband in the VPMA spot is the " going" salary for that position within the system. We dont believe them, as they are filled with secrets, lies and coverups. Of all the vpmas he is the oldest, most qualified, with the most degrees and experience, and so, if he isnt being paid at the top of the bellshaped curve or whatever these liars use, we'd like to know so we can start some sort of cause of action . im the gatherer of information. thanks.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for entrusting me to answer your question. I hope you will appreciate a very direct and honest answer, although it is not what you are hoping to hear.

A private-sector employer is not required to divulge what it pays to other employees. Even if it were required, the employer would be under no obligation to pay any one employee more simply because others in similar positions were making more. An employer retains absolute discretion to determine salaries and can pay some employees more or less than others for any reason that is not motived by race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age (over 40), or sexual orientation.

Certain websites such as provide a forum for employees to post their own salaries for comparison and public record, so you may want to check there for information. However, if you can't find any information that already exists on sites like glass door, an employer is under no obligation to provide that information to you.

I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX this information helps you and I wish you the best.

My greatest concern is that you are satisfied with the answer I provide, so please do not hesitate to contact me with follow-up questions. Although I cannot always provide good news, I hope that my answer gives you a better understanding of the law and your rights so that you can obtain the best possible result under the circumstances. Also, please bear in mind that experts are not credited for unaccepted answers, so I greatly appreciate you taking the time to "accept" my answer and leave positive feedback.

Finally, none of the above constitutes legal advice nor is any attorney client relationship created between us.