Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management

I am confused about unemployment rejection letter I received.

I am confused about unemployment rejection letter I received. According to letter, I was not looking for job for 1week period between 1/29-2/4 but I got terminated on 1/31 and claim unemployment benefit on that day through online. The EDD rejected benefits because I never posted my resume to the Cal Jobs website until the day of a scheduled phone interview (2/16). I was unaware that this was part of the process and missed it. I did however ......but I tried to write appeal letter about I tried to find job through other sources during that time (I was about to write appeal letter base on that idea) but when I look at the date they put on reject letter (ex: 1/29-2/4) I should appeal for the mistake on their side? I'm confused :(
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 4 years ago.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

You should explain in your appeal letter that you believe that their date is mistaken, since you weren't terminated until 1/31, that you couldn't have been looking for a job until you were terminated.

You should also provide any evidnece that you have that you were looking for a job thorugh other means other than Cal Jobs.