Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management

My manager is mad at me for filing a workers

My manager is mad at me for filing a workers' comp stress related case, which aggravated my medical conditions. To make the story short, I filed a WC case. When I returned to work, I was assigned to a different position, which I don't have current skills.I am thinking of filing a grievance. My question is do I have a right to sue? Thank you.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

You have the right to file a complaint for your employer discriminating against you on the basis of you filing a workers' compensation claim and discriminating against you on the basis of your disability.

You can file a complaint for discrimination in violation of the Fair Employment and Housing Act using the instructions available online here:

The Department of Fair Employment and Housing will investigate the complaint on your behalf and either file suit on your behalf or issue you a right to sue letter so you can pursue your claim against your employer through a private attorney.

I would also reccomend that you do file a grievance against your employer, assuming that you are unionized, and can file a grievance against your employer through your union.