How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 5299
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My manager is mad at me for filing a workers

Resolved Question:

My manager is mad at me for filing a workers' comp stress related case, which aggravated my medical conditions. To make the story short, I filed a WC case. When I returned to work, I was assigned to a different position, which I don't have current skills.I am thinking of filing a grievance. My question is do I have a right to sue? Thank you.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

You have the right to file a complaint for your employer discriminating against you on the basis of you filing a workers' compensation claim and discriminating against you on the basis of your disability.

You can file a complaint for discrimination in violation of the Fair Employment and Housing Act using the instructions available online here:

The Department of Fair Employment and Housing will investigate the complaint on your behalf and either file suit on your behalf or issue you a right to sue letter so you can pursue your claim against your employer through a private attorney.

I would also reccomend that you do file a grievance against your employer, assuming that you are unionized, and can file a grievance against your employer through your union.
Joseph and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related California Employment Law Questions