Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management

Thank you for your answer. A few other questions. can I file

Thank you for your answer. A few other questions. can I file for W's Comp while on disability? what is the length of time after I start my leave to file for WC?

Yes, you can file for workers' compensation while you are on disability.

You can file a workers' compensation claim up to one year after the date of your injury, or when your injury was discovered.

Thank you and best of luck!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
how long can I stay on disability. My disability pays more than my salary. I don't think the Wc will pay as mjuch. do I pay taxes on the disabiity? What should I do before hiring an attorney in terms of paperwork so I'm as prepared as I can be when meeting with the attorney.
There's no set time that you can stay on disability, since it depends on how long you can be considered disabled.

Theoretically, you could stay on disability as long as your employer allows you to stay on disability.

Yes, you do need to pay taxes on disability, just as you need to pay taxes on wages.

I would recommend having all of your disability information and medical records prior to contacting an attorney to represent you in filing a workers' compensation claim.