LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.
15277592

This question concerns CA wage order 15 and the issue of overtime

Customer Question

This question concerns CA wage order 15 and the issue of overtime pay. I would like to know which sections apply to a live in caregiver/personal attendant. I am particularly interested in overtime laws. Section 3 provides overtime pay for live in employees but section 1 exempts from overtime pay for personal attendants. So do live in personal attendants get overtime pay or not?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 5 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes; still waiting.
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 5 years ago.
Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.