Tina, Attorney
Experience:  JD, 17 years experience & recognized by ABA for excellence in employment law.

In need some help i have been working OT on my current job

Customer Question

In need some help i have been working OT on my current job i have been working a lot more than 40 hrs per week and sometimes 3 weeks with out a day off and no OT had been pay the owner only paid me regular time and now that there is a law suit going on he wants to pay us OT but he wants to drop the pay from $10per hr to $8per i have no idea to what to do because i am still working there labor investigator came and they lied to what we do there i was not present and i miss my opportunity to talk to him please let me know what i can do
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Tina replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome,

An employee likely filed a wage claim against the employer and the labor board is investigating the complaint. Since you wish to communicate with the labor board with regard to their investigation, you should contact them directly.

Here is a link to their website:

The labor board will normally investigate and collect wages owed on your behalf. You are not typically required to do anything, but may wish to initiate a wage claim yourself to ensure your wages are investigated as well.

The employer is prohibited by law from retaliating against you for filing a complaint or cooperating in the board's investigation of the employer.

I hope you found my answer helpful, even if the law is not in your favor; please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous. Thank you.