socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)

I worked previous job for 29+ years, and my boss changes the

I worked previous job for 29+ years, and my boss changes the pension plan without prior notification to the employee’s. I need help on determining the amount of my pension, because on the first pension plan I should have received 100% of my income when I retired.
For several year when my boss changed the pension plan, He hid all the information from the employee’s. Till around 3 years ago when he handed me new the new pension, this new pension plan showed that my total would be 20% of my income. I also never received the formula plan my original pension plan.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 2 years ago.
Pension plan regulation is handled by the U.S. Department of Labor -- Employee Benefits Security Administration. See this link to submit a request for investigation. The DOL will investigate and if the employer has screwed with your pension rights, Uncle Sam will prosecute and try to recover your money for you.

Hope this helps.

NOTICE: My goal here is to educate the public about the law. Please help me in this effort by clicking Accept for my Answer to your Question. If you have a subscription account, clicking Accept does not create any additional charge. It merely gets me credit for my Answer.

And, if you need to contact me again, please put my user id on the title line of your question (“To Socrateaser”), and the system will send me an alert. Thanks!

socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience: Retired (mostly)