Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.

can you get employment with Social cheak? I live in Calfo

can you get employment with Social cheak? I live in Calfornia.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you so much for entrusting me to answer your question. Can you elaborate a little bit? Also, by "Social Cheak," do you mean "Social Check"? I apologize for my confusion.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Social security check.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Any answer yet? This is not for a 401k or penision,just social security checks. I don't want to send my EDD in if it's not legal. Thanks.
Just so I am absolutely clear, is the social security check for a disability? If so, are you physically able to work and are you searching for work? Thank you so much for your patience.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No, Retirement.
Thanks again for the clarification and for your patience as we get to the bottom of this.

Social Security retirement benefits will not affect a claimant's right or ability to collect unemployment benefits, and there is no offset for the amount received from Social Security. However, you must of course otherwise meet the eligibility requirements for benefits in order to receive them.

More specifically, you will be eligible to receive benefits provided that you have received enough wages during the base period to establish a claim (either $1300 in one quarter of your "base period," or at least $900 in your highest quarter and total base period earnings of 1.25 times your high quarter earnings), you are physically able and available to immediately accept work, actively seeking work, and unemployed through no fault of your own.

If you have any questions or concerns whatsoever regarding my answer, please do not hesitate to ask for clarification.

I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX this information helps you and I wish you the very best of luck. Bear in mind that none of the above constitutes legal advice nor is any attorney client relationship created between us.

Please abide by the honor code of this website by kindly clicking on the GREEN ACCEPT button if my answer has been helpful to you. Thank you very much.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So, I can collect my 1700.00 a month and also get my 450.00 a week from EDD? EDD sent me a form to get my check from them but asked only about pensions and 401k, but not social security. I do meet all EDD requirments. Please reply I just want to make sure.
Please understand that the answers I am providing are for informational purposes only and no attorney client relationship is created between us.

That said, Social Security retirement checks do NOT disqualify otherwise eligible claimants from receiving unemployment benefits nor do they offset such benefits. This is why the EDD did not ask about social security retirement benefits but they asked about pensions and 401k's.

Thus, the answer to your question would be "yes, you can still collect."

I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX this helps clarify my answer and I hope that you have a pleasant evening.