Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.

if I am going to MSC meeting at court house, when should I

if I am going to MSC meeting at court house, when should I expect written document of stipulation and finding award for settlement?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for entrusting me to answer your question.

At a mandatory settlement conference, the parties are required to attend, but neither is required to make an actual settlement offer. The parties are, however, typically required to submit a statement indicating how settlement talks are going. The statement must typically be served on the parties at least ten days prior to the MSC.

Also, to be clear, a judge has no authority at an MSC to enter an award or adjudicate the matter in any way.

I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX this information helps you and I wish you the very best of luck. Bear in mind that none of the above constitutes legal advice nor is any attorney client relationship created between us.

Please abide by the honor code of this website by kindly clicking on the GREEN ACCEPT button if my answer has been helpful to you. Thank you very much.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what if important issues, such as umpaid mileage, cummulative injury not mentioned, restrictions and employement has never been discussed. At msc settlement meeting would this not be part of agreement, so judge does not hear, what company did not legally do?
You are free to bring these things up to the judge, and the judge may put pressure on the other party to consider them. However, an MSC is not a trial or a hearing. It is an informal process designed to prompt settlement discussion, and the only requirements are that the parties show up and submit a statement.

I hope that this clarifies things for you, and I wish you the very best result at your MSC.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience: Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
since I do have an attorney, I will not be present before the judge from what I under stand. My attorney might as well be working for the defense. That is why I need this service, my attorney does not respond to me.
Your attorney is required by the state bar to communicate with you and provide you with reasonable updates on your case. It would generally be wise to call your attorney and leave messages until he responds to you.

Your attorney is also required to represent you to the best of his ability and to always represent your interests, not the interests of the defense.

If you require any further clarification, please let me know.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer