Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.

I filed a federal case pro se , and I have all the evidence

I filed a federal case pro se , and I have all the evidence against the company. The company which is a big organization had us sign a agreement to go through mediation, and then arbitration. Before I even got to this point I went through ombuds , which was the first step an they stated they could not help me. No ombuds or HR person directed me to mediation, so wasn't it the job of HR to start that process? I advised the lawyer even if I signed the "Solutions Agreement" , why did'nt anyone direct me to it. My job required us to be on the phones all the time , so I could take time to even do that. So even though I signed it the company failed to direct me when i reached out. So am I right in that matter?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for entrusting me to answer your question.

Unfortunately, arbitration clauses such as the one that you signed are typically enforceable. Further, an employer has no obligation to direct you to the appropriate channels to bring legal action against it.

Accordingly, if the court finds that the arbitration clause is enforceable, it may dismiss the suit and force you to submit to the arbitration proceedings.

Please let me know if my answer is at all unclear.

I realize this is not what you were hoping to hear, and I wish that I could provide you with better news. Nonetheless, I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX this information helps you and I wish you the very best of luck. Bear in mind that none of the above constitutes legal advice nor is any attorney client relationship created between us.

Please abide by the honor code of this website by kindly clicking on the GREEN ACCEPT button if my answer has been helpful to you. Thank you very much.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience: Significant experience in all areas of employment law.