Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.

If I have a domestic referral agency in California (house cleaning

If I have a domestic referral agency in California (house cleaning service). And the workers are independent contractors ( they supply their own supplies and equipment, can accept or decline any job for any reason and are paid 1099). Do I need to carry workmans compensation insurance?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for entrusting me to answer your question.

No. California law does not require employers to cover independent contractors with workers compensation insurance--employers need only cover "employees."

Please let me know if any clarification is required.

I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX this information helps you and I wish you the very best of luck. Bear in mind that none of the above constitutes legal advice nor is any attorney client relationship created between us.

Please abide by the honor code of this website by kindly clicking on the GREEN ACCEPT button if my answer has been helpful to you. Thank you very much.