LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.

I was in a meeting with my supervisor and his boss (my chief)

Customer Question

I was in a meeting with my supervisor and his boss (my chief) and after the meeting she asked that my supervisor stay behind for another discussion. I left and when my supervisor came back to the office he told me that she was concerned with my drinking problem. That she has smelled alcohol on my breath and that I was slurring my words during the meeting.
I do not drink nor have I for over 10 years. What can I do about this? Is this a defamation of character case that I should persue?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Tina replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome,

Do you have reason to believe your boss knows the statements are false and is intentionally attempting to interfere with your employment?