Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

I was in the local 12 union and accured 6692.50 hrs or from

Customer Question

I was in the local 12 union and accured 6692.50 hrs or from 1986-1990 . I went to the union. On jan 11 2007 thinking of coming back to union. The rep said i lost all of my time cause I was not vested. When I went to his supervisor he said i lost my my time cause I didn't freeze it when I left.

On october 10/28/2010 I recevd a letter from trust fund that said funding notice/ notice of critical status. why would they sent me 2 letter like this if i don't qualify for a pension. I cant get a straight answer from local 12 is there chance i might have a small penision or should i stop worry about it?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

If you hadn't accumulated enough time in order to qualify for a pension, you would, unfortunately, be ineligible for a pension.

I would reccomend that you contact the trust fund and ask whether or not you have accrued enough hours to qualify for a pension, and, if you haven't qualfiied, how many hours you would need to qualify for the pension.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

twice i have been to local 12 for answers on my vested time. No one would give me a straight answer this question was already in my question. I have also tried to get bargian agreement which i havent been able to get a copy of if you are a lawyer shame for telling me to go back a 3rdtime.. that not a answer if just a reply

Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello. Are you still looking for assistance with this question? If so, have you been able to get ahold of the bargaining agreement or any other paperwork that would govern the terms of your pension?