Tina, Attorney
Experience:  JD, 17 years experience & recognized by ABA for excellence in employment law.

Dear Answer, my name isXXXXX Corps

Dear Answer,
my name isXXXXX Corps Deliverex. told us at the end of the year that they were cutting out 3 paid hoildays.Martin luther kings birthday,veterans day forgot the last.We have no union.i am in san francisco ca.can i help our workers.thank you
Hello and welcome,

Do any of the affected employees have an employment contract?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
so if we have no contracts what do i do
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
tina are you there
Yes, I'm here and have been working on your answer. :)

If the employer is not bound to provide paid holidays by contract, then they typically have the discretion under the law to modify their policy, reducing the number of paid holidays or eliminating them altogether unfortunately.

There would normally be no legal recourse that could be taken against the employer for reducing the number of paid holidays as long as they are otherwise complying with state and federal wage and hour laws, such as paying overtime and minimum wage as required.

I'm sorry, but that is the reality of the situation under the law.

I hope you found my answer helpful, even if the law is not in your favor; please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous. Thank you.