Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.

I was injured at work in southern california, and with my injury

I was injured at work in southern california, and with my injury I can not work no more. I am working with workmens comp with this matter. Now I had to move to my property in Hawaii because i can not afford to live in california anymore. Now workmens comp is saying that I can not be treated in Hawaii because I need to have a doctor licensed in the state of california. I thought I have the right to any doctor. I just can not afford to go to California, Is this statement by workmens comp true? And is any lawyers out there that can help me with this issue? Thank you Ronald R. Rinehart
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for entrusting me to answer your question.

California's Code of Regulations Title 8 Section 15 requires all QME's to be physicians licensed to practice in California, with few exceptions. You can read the code section here: Accordingly, the statement you received would appear to be correct.

We on Just Answer are prohibited from representing you or contacting you outside of this website. However, for attorney referrals, visit this link: or visit On MartinDale, you can search attorneys by their practice area.

I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX this information helps you and I wish you the very best of luck. Bear in mind that none of the above constitutes legal advice nor is any attorney client relationship created between us.

Please abide by the honor code of this website by kindly clicking on the GREEN ACCEPT button if my answer has been helpful to you. Thank you very much.