PhillipsEsq
PhillipsEsq,
16551887

The Dr that I work for full time is constantly using verbal

The Dr that I work for full time is constantly using verbal abuse to me. He will not stop once he starts and brings me to tears. He says horrible things to me that really hurts my feelings to the point that brings mental stress to me and I can't sleep at night and I am upset all the time. Very depressed.

Thank you,
Hart
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  PhillipsEsq replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. I encourage you to ask me for clarification, if you are not clear with my Answer.

I am sorry to hear about your diffculties at work. I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specifc question. What is your question?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

If I were to quit because of mental stress because of the verbal abuse by the Dr that I work for full time as his patient/marketing director. (worked for him 7 yrs) Would I be able to seek legal support and collect any compensation? I am not sure if verbal abuse has anything to do with labor laws.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

what are my rights?

Thank you for the clarification:

what are my rights?

Your initial post: The Dr that I work for full time is constantly using verbal abuse to me. He will not stop once he starts and brings me to tears. He says horrible things to me that really hurts my feelings to the point that brings mental stress to me and I can't sleep at night and I am upset all the time. Very depressed.

Response: If you were to quit your job because of verbal abuse from your employer, you may be eligible for unemployment beneftis. Generally, if you voluntarily quit your job, you would not be eligible for unemployment benefits. However, if you can show that you were forced to quit, you may be eligbile for benefits. A better course of action would be to let the employer terminate you. So long as you are not terminated for misconduct, you would be eligible for unemployment beneftis.

Unfortunately, you would not have a claim for wrongful termination if your employer fires you if does not want you to work for him anymore. As an employee at will you can be terminated for any reason or for no reason at all so long as the reason for your termination does not have anything to do with your race, gender, age (40 and over), national origin, disability or the like.