RobertJDFL,
18284290

I work for a nation wide fabric store chain for 22 yrs. I am

I work for a nation wide fabric store chain for 22 yrs. I am one of 4 supervisors. The manager hired an asst. mgr. Therefore one of the supervisors has to be stepped down. I have been in this position for 17 yrs without any complaint from any prior managers. I also work another part time job with the school district. It has never interfered my supervisor job. The district manager will be making the decision due to the store manager not wanting to hurt anyone's feelings by making the decision. I was told that I would probably be the one demoted due the fact that I have two forms of employment. Whereas the other supervisors only have one means of employment. My question is......Is this legal grounds to demote me? Not to mention that my work will be cut from 25 hrs to 15hrs. or less
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your question. After reading my answer, if you require additional information, press "REPLY" and I will be happy to assist you further.

Unfortunately, that is a legal ground upon which you can be demoted. It would only be illegal if you could show that your employer was demoting you for a discriminatory reason (e.g., your race, age, sex, religion, disability or national origin).

*****************************************************************************************************

JUST ANSWER IS A "PAY FOR" SERVICE. As I do this for a living, not a hobby, please honor and respect the honor code and pay me as you would any other professional.

DISCLAIMER: This response is limited by the information that you have provided to this lawyer. Based on the information you have provided, I have responded based on my knowledge and interpretation of existing laws. It is possible that if the same question was asked to another lawyer, the response could be different. This response is for "Legal Informational" purposes only and should not be confused with "Legal Advice" and nothing in this response should be construed as legal advice for any individual case. Under no circumstances does this response directly or indirectly, establish or intend to establish an Attorney-Client relationship. This response is not and shall not be construed as a solicitation for the legal services of any attorney. If you have already retained a lawyer in connection with this inquiry and this fact is unknown to this lawyer, this response should not be construed as impending and/or interfering with your attorney-client relationship with such attorney. This attorney is not responsible for any loss, injury, claim, liability, or damage related to your use of this response, whether from errors or omissions in the content of the response or any other sites that I may provide to you for reference.

RobertJDFL,
Experience: