Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.

My husband was a union member of the Automobile Salesmens

Customer Question

My husband was a union member of the Automobile Salesmen's Union Local 1095 for ten years. His employer paid into the pensin fund for him for thoseten years. We have been told the union is now defunct. Where are hte pension funds and can he collect?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 4 years ago.

LegalPro54 :

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to answer your question. Do you know the name of the pension fund he was contributing to? If not, do you have any of his payroll records that would indicate where the contribution went?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, it was Automobile Salesmen's Union Local 1095 Pension Fund. I believe they were connected somehow to United Food & Commercial Workers Union, possibly also connected to AFL/CIO. My husband worked in Hayward, California. The money had to go somewhere and should have been protected unless it was used fraudulently by administrators of the pension.
Thank you for the additional information. I must opt out of this question in favor of other attorneys. Please do not respond to me as it will delay a response from someone else.