Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

My husband recently left chase bank and is now looking for

My husband recently left chase bank and is now looking for another job. Would he be able to collect unemployment?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for entrusting me to answer your question. What was his reason for his departure from the bank?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He wasn't making his sales goals...and believes they would have fired him shortly since his manager told him to find another position.
Thank you so much for the additional information.

I regret to be the one to tell you, but an individual cannot typically collect UE benefits under the circumstances you describe. This is because an employee is only eligible to collect UE benefits if they find themselves unemployed "through no fault of their own." Except in certain limited circumstance, the EDD will not regard an individual as unemployed through no fault of their own if he or she voluntarily leaves their position. This is true even if the employer would have soon terminated the employee. Actually termination is typically a requirement, unless the employee can show that they quit because of discrimination, retaliation or some other unlawful pressure.

I understand that you may be disappointed by the answer I've given you, as it's not particularly favorable to your husband's situation.  Had I been able to provide a more favorable answer, it would have been my pleasure to do so.

I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX this information helps you and I wish you the very best of luck. Bear in mind that none of the above constitutes legal advice nor is any attorney client relationship created between us.

Please abide by the honor code of this website by kindly clicking on the GREEN ACCEPT button if my answer has been helpful to you. Thank you very much.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience: Significant experience in all areas of employment law.