N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Attorney
Experience:  Since 1983

For salaried employees how many paid sick days per year do

For salaried employees how many paid sick days per year do employees have a right to in Los Angeles County?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 4 years ago.
I am sorry but the answer is Zero.

"There is no legal requirement under California law for employers to provide paid sick leave."

I hope this information is helpful.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Correct as far as California law goes, but various cities and counties have different requirements. For example, any business that performs work in the city of San Francisco, employers must provide paid sick leave (here is the link to the page that confirms this ). Since I know that the local requirement supercedes the State requirement, I asked the question to find out if there is the same distinction within the City of Los Angeles, even if the State doesn't require it, perhaps the City does. Thank you
I cannot find any reference to a similar ordinance in LA.

There was a bill (AB 400) introduced this year that would if passed extend paid sick leave to all employees in California, but it has not passed yet, see

I believe that SF is the only city in California that has passed such an ordinance.
Thank you for accepting my answer.