Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

I GOT A LETTER FROM THE DEPT. OF LABOR STATING THAT THEY WILL

Customer Question

I GOT A LETTER FROM THE DEPT. OF LABOR STATING THAT THEY WILL VISIT MY OFFICE IN TWO WEEKS TO REVIEW WAGE AND HOUR COMPLIANCE IS THE A NORMAL THING OR NOT
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thank you for entrusting me to answer your question.

California's Department of Labor Standards Enforcement conducts an average over 9,000 investigations a year. Many are in response to specific allegations made by employees. However, others are part of a general audit if the DLSE is concerned about compliance within a particular class of employers--for example restaurants.

You likely won't know whether this investigation is part of an audit or in response to a particular claim until you speak with the representative.

I sincerely hope that this information helps you and I wish you the very best of luck. Bear in mind that non of the above constitutes legal advice nor is any attorney client relationship created between us.

Please abide by the honor code of this website by kindly clicking on the GREEN ACCEPT button if my answer has been helpful to you. Thank you very much.