Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.

Im in my 99 weeks in CA and have 9 months left after being

Im in my 99 weeks in CA and have 9 months left after being approved and extended.

I'm moving to CO near Denver in January and hope I won't be disqualified from receiving my remaining benefits.

What do I do to make sure I'm continued after moving? I hope to find work there as there's nothing here in CA at this point.

Do I move and then contact EDD about my new address?

Thank you.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for entrusting me to answer your question.

If you are otherwise eligible for benefits, you will not be disqualified because you are moving out of state. Just continue filling out the biweekly paperwork and report on your continued efforts to find employment. The fact that you are moving out of state for better job prospects is typically not a problem. You can update the address once you move.

I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX this information helps you and I wish you the very best of luck. Bear in mind that non of the above constitutes legal advice nor is any attorney client relationship created between us.

Please abide by the honor code of this website by kindly clicking on the GREEN ACCEPT button if my answer has been helpful to you. Thank you very much.